Check out our 50 top quotes about life for tattoo inspiration.
In no particular order:
1. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first Mark Twain
2. Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans – John Lennon – Click to Tweet
3. Laughter is the music of life. Sir William Osler
4. Any idiot can face a crisis – it’s day to day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov
5. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha
7. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss – Click to Tweet
8. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wild
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”
― Mother Teresa
10. Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living? Bob Marley
11. Happiness is inward, and not outward; and so, it does not depend on what we have, but on what we are. Henry Van Dyke
12. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Helen Keller, The Open Door
13. Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane. H.P. Lovecraft
15. In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley
16. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
18. Life consists in what a man is thinking of all day. Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. You don’t have to be the Dalai Lama to tell people that life’s about change. John Cleese
20. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard
21. Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is ajar ― Jim Butcher, Dead Beat
22. Art is the proper task of life. ― Friedrich Nietzsche
23. A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
24. Your decision to be, have and do something out of ordinary entails facing difficulties that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else. ― Brian Tracy
25. Death ends a life, not a relationship.― Jack Lemmon
26. When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it. ― Jim Rohn
27. An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding. – Robert Louis Stevenson
28. Life well spent is long. Leonardo da Vinci
29. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. Marie Curie
30. Stop searching the world for treasure, the real treasure is in yourself. ― Pablo
31. Gamble everything for love, if you’re a true human being.― Rumi – Click to Tweet
32. Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.― Susan Ertz
33. If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of. – Bruce Lee
34. Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. John Maxwell
35. Life is like a ten speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use. Charles Schultz
36. Now begin in the middle, and later learn the beginning; the end will take care of itself. ― Harlan Ellison
37. My life motto: My brakes are broke, but luckily my gas pedal works just fine. ― Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title
38. You have to go forward: It’s the only way. You have to go forward no matter what happens. This is the universal law.― Lauren Oliver, Delirium
39. No matter how many people believe or don’t believe in you, you must be the ultimate believer in yourself! ― Pablo
40. Live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. ― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
41. In the midst of life, we are in death. ― Agatha Christie, And Then There Were None
42. I survived, but it’s not a happy ending. ― Tim O’Brien, The Things They Carried
43. While they were saying it couldn’t be done, it was done. ― Helen Keller
44. There are no conditions to which a person cannot grow accustomed, especially if he sees that everyone around him lives in the same way. ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
45. Hide your craziness behind a beautiful smile. That’s all you need. ― Paulo Coelho
46. Life without risk is life wasted. ― Santosh Kalwar
47. The best way to predict your future is to create it ― Abraham Lincoln
48. Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television. ― Radiohead
49. I am the me I choose to be.” ― Sidney Poitier
50. Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years. ― Bill Gates